Sunday, October 04, 2009

Temptations

There you are, in front of my eyes.

You linger on in the periphery of my sight.

Your tantalising form, mocks and burns,

the lightest touch, sends shivers through the nights.

/

I know you do me no good, killing me slowly.

A shadow of who i was once, awaiting only,

another interlude, a stay in paradise,

A hunger that grows stronger, approaching its demise.

/

You have no idea, do you? Of what it takes,

To turn my head away, only to hesitate.

Another glimpse stolen, weakening resolve,

Fingers start twitching, tremors cascade from above.

/

I thought that i was strong, I thought I had the steel

to remove you forever, from the kingdom of my dreams.

But the worst part of all of it, is that you just don't care. 

You lie there, mocking, resplendent, shining in my hungry stare.

/

All those sweaty nights, spent trying to rid myself, 

of your lasting effects, the curse of your spell.

I still can't quit chocolate, diet as i might,

a burden heavy on the heart, and yet filled with delight.

/

Some day i will leave your shores forever, 

and hopefully move on another vice.

Meanwhile I'll have another,

filled with nuts and crispies rice.

3 comments:

hunnix said...

Confessions of a fat failure turtle

Arun said...

is Comment 1 your sister? fat turtle .. ROTFL..

dei dei, without onion and garlic, u have only few options to taste in life, adhulla vera if u cut down then why do u need taste buds da.. bloody pickpocket..

it reminds me of your pulsar poem

archith said...

@ Hunny: Classic case of Sibling Rivalry isn't it? Pot calling the kettle black and all that.

@ Arun: I'm running out of ideas!! PANIC!! Lift the theme from an earlier poem and hope no one remembers....